Awaiting new supply availability

Home Forums Z80 Playground Early-Adopters Awaiting new supply availability

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    teddyveitch
    Participant

Hello, I recently spotted your site when i was looking for Z80 kits. Having built (many years ago) a S100 system complete with C/PM etc, etc. I couldn’t believe how lucky i had got when i saw all of your productions.
    So the link to ebay but the follow through is dead due to stock issues i believe. Can I get my name/email logged as to when they will be available again please.
    Need all of the components including C/PM and BASIC etc. Have no difficulties with soldering.
    If this is the wrong place for my questions etc, my apologies.

teddyveitch
    e.veitch@aol.co.uk

Phil_G

Hi Teddy, its worth waiting for, I much prefer the Playground over other current Z80 CP/M projects, the FAT bdos is so convenient.
    John hasnt been on here for a few days, I expect he’ll be back soon.
    Roughly where are you?
    Cheers
    Phil

teddyveitch
    Participant

Good Morning Phil,
    Thanks for the response. I’m currently living in Peebles (Scottish Borders) for my sins.
    As I had mentioned earlier, I had built a full blown S100 system running C/PM then I upgraded to M/PM. (Was able to get the memory chips cheaply.) Don’t laugh but it had a couple of 8″ Floppy disks for both the op/sys and work storage. Running with Wordstar and Cobol as I was trained back a bit to programme etc. Worked for the big Honeywell Computer company until they shut up shop. Loved some of the textual Adventure games as well.
    Please let me know as soon as possible when I get purchase a kit. (Feel that I would obviously want C/PM and a good Basic etc.)
    Happy to buy direct if that helps to speed things up at all?
    Forgot to mention that I’m happy with soldering.
    Look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Phil_G

Hi Teddy, its John you need, I’m just a punter like yourself. John supplies MBASIC and BBCBASIC which are both good, solid and standard interpreters.
    WordStar is there too, preconfigured for the Playground and works perfectly.
    Turbo Pascal, Hitchhikers Guide, Sargon chess etc, lots of stuff is included.
    I’ve not found anything that doesnt run under John’s CP/M other than obvious no-no’s like disk sector editors etc (its FAT so doesnt directly relate to CP/M sectors). Hopefully John will be along soon to sort you out.
    Cheers
    Phil

teddyveitch
    Participant

Hello again Phil & John,

Just a quick note to enquire if the kits are ready yet?

Sorry to enquire again,

Teddy,

teddyveitch
    Participant

Hi Phil,

It’s about a fortnight since I asked when John can get the goods available.
    I’m still waiting……………….

Any dates yet?

Thanks,
    Ted

Phil_G

Hi Ted, looks like John is still under the weather…
    I have a spare Playground that you could borrow, I would definitely need it back but I dont mind loaning it for a short while. UK postage will probably be £4 ish each way, if you’re interested email me on philg@talk21.com with your full postal address. To be clear this is Johns project, other than the I/O board I’m not involved in the Playground at all, I’m just a happy user trying to help you & John out whilst he’s ill.
    Cheers
    Phil

Clyde1992
    Participant

Hey, folks!

Any idea when a new batch will be released? I’m sorry to hear that John is under the weather. Is he feeling better now?

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.