CH340 Driver Issues

Home Forums Z80 Playground Early-Adopters CH340 Driver Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    roland
    Participant

Hi,

My windows 10 mashing suddenly started to play tricks on my. Looks like the ch340 driver not working anymore and I can not connect to the Z80.
    I have deleted the driver and re installed 10 times but I just get a message that the “device is not woking ” when I insert the cable. Both with and without the Z80 connected.

Anyone seen this before ?

regards Roland

Phil_G

Do you have an Arduino Nano handy Roland, one with the CH340G? That would confirm whether its a driver problem or a hardware failure.
    Also I’d try a different cable, they do fail, and some are ‘charge only’ with no through data connection, only power.
    USB drivers are loaded on a per-port basis, so have you changed USB ports?
    You probably dont need it but for reference here’s a 340G driver tutorial:
    https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all
    They’re normally totally reliable but if its definitely hardware I can include a new CH340 board with your 8255 card.
    Cheers
    Phil

roland
    Participant

Hi, yes I have one Nano stucked away somewhere. I found a ESP32 with the “square” usb to serial chip and that one worked. Need to find the Nano and try.
    I just checked ebay and they are dirt cheep but like 50 days delivery from, outer space … So If you have one to spare please add one in the package

regards roland

john
    Keymaster

Yes, things that have tricked me before are:
    * Broken or cheapo USB cable. Just try another.
    * Wrong version of the CH340 driver. There are more than one on the web. Try the latest.
    * Rebooting computer after installing driver may help!

roland
    Participant

Hi, After testing 3 usb cables I actually got it to work again.Very frustrating with cheapo cables.
    /Roland

Phil_G

Good work 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.